Founded in 2007, SING CITY is Vancouver’s original Rock/Pop choir and has remained the #1 choir in this style ever since.
WHY CHOOSE SING CITY?
Learn how to not only sing well with a group, but also how to truly become a better singer in your OWN right.
Due in large part to our founder and conductor Laura Lang the Sing City experience is unique.
With Laura Lang’s extensive performance experience as a singer/dancer, pianist and vocal harmony expert, you will get not only choral instruction, but the whole show biz package.
She will teach you to:
• Vastly improve your singing voice and learn how to sing in harmony with others
• Be comfortable, confident and look good on stage
• Not only sing in front of an audience, but how to entertain them
• Do simple movement/choreography
• Improve or initiate your music reading abilities
• Develop your ear to learn the harmonies provided more easily
And all the while have fun doing it!
Every rehearsal offers specific singing training and further instructions on how to continue to improve on your own. Laura will help you discover your strengths, overcome weaknesses, and will bring out the best in you.
Your learning experience will be a revelation as to what you are capable of!
We offer many opportunities to learn and/or catch up if absent, including:
• Professionally recorded separated harmony parts to help you along
• Extra help outside of rehearsals
• The opportunity to attend rehearsals at either or both of our locations with your membership
What we hear from our members so often is, “I can’t believe I actually DID that!!”
And THAT…, is what makes Laura truly happy. :o)
Our shows are an exciting and heady experience, which will leave you feeling exhilarated. In addition to our own scheduled shows and casual performances anywhere, anytime we feel like it, SING CITY is also regularly invited to perform at events around Vancouver.
In addition to our own shows, SING CITY is regularly invited to perform at events around Vancouver. Our yearly special appearance at St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation Festival of Lights each November is one of our favourites.
Others include invitations from the Mayor of Vancouver and the Heart & Stroke Foundation Gold Gala. SING CITY has also performed as invited guests with other well-known and respected choirs and has recording studio experience as a back-up choir.
SING CITY continues to receive a lot of media attention as a stand-out in Vancouver’s choir scene.
SING CITY is a member of the BC Choral Federation.